Organic Prickly Pear Seed
Organic Prickly Pear seed oil is rich in sterols and vitamin E. It provides hydration and restores elasticity and suppleness to the skin. It is a healing, anti-wrinkle and anti-ageing oil.
Organic prickly pear seed oil, an anti-ageing dermatological product, is considered to be the spearhead of the new cosmetics. Behind this rather long name lies a plant. A cactus to be precise, the prickly pear, also known as Hindi. Originally from the arid zones of Latin America, it is now very present around the Mediterranean, particularly in Tunisia and Morocco.
A rare oil: this oil requires between 800 kg and 1 tonne of prickly pear fruit and 30 to 50 kg of seeds to extract 1 litre of oil.
• 100% pure and natural
• First cold pressed
• Without any chemical solvent, coloring agent, nor conservative
• The oils essenciell were rigorously selected and controlled on the organoleptic and physicochemical plans.
Date of production : January 2022 (Lot......)
To use preferably before the end: : January 2024 (Lot......)
Saponification value: 180 – 195
• Country of origin : Tunisia
• Production process : First cold pressing
• Part extracted :Seeds
• Botanical name: Opuntia ficus indica
• Culture: Organic, certified Ecocert etc.
• Packaging: The formats 10 ml to 100 ml are delivered in amber glass bottles with an eye dropper.
Guaranteeing the quality and traceability of our essenciell oils and our raw materials is at the heart of our concerns. We carry out routine controls on each batch and more thorough monitoring controls, chromatographic analysis is carried out in an accredited laboratory.
Chromatography: Chromatography is a separative physicochemical method used to identify the different substances in a mixture. The chromatograph is a device used to perform certain chromatographies. The chromatogram is the record or the diagram obtained by chromatography
• Appearance: oily liquid
• Color: yellow to green
• Odor: slightly acidic, pungent, vegetable
• Touch: fairly dry, penetrates quickly
• Linoleic acid (Omega-6): 56.33
• Oleic acid (Omega-9): 19.14
• Saturated fatty acids (SFA) palmitic acid: 17.98
• Stearic acid (SFA): 5.09
• Vitamin E: 1000 mg/kg powerful antioxidants
Recognized properties: :
• Very powerful antioxidant and anti-ageing agent (very high combined content of vitamin E and linoleic acid)
• Emollient, moisturizing, nourishing and softening for the skin, making it a real elixir of youth, especially for dry, sensitive or intolerant skin
• Healing and an excellent skin repairer
• Regenerating, revitalizing
• Wrinkles and fine lines, eye contour care
• Particularly suitable for mature and dehydrated skin
• Unstructured, rough and flaky skin
• Powerful anti-stretch marks, age spots
• Transient or permanent redness
• Nourishes and protects the skin against premature aging
• Combats dry skin, moisturizes and revitalizes
• Fights fine lines and wrinkles, reduces dark circles at night
• Excellent emollient, soothing and refreshing for the skin
• Penetrates very easily into the epidermis and leaves a velvety feeling
• Eliminates traces of first-degree burns (skin regeneration)
•Fights stretch marks, reduces the appearance of acne
•Treats scars and dark spots
•Protects the skin from external aggressions
• Moisturizes hair, cares for dry hair
• Helps to restructure the hair
• Makes hair shiny.
• Treats brittle and soft nails
• Strengthens nails and nourishes cuticles
For the face:
Use 5-7 drops of oil, warm between hands and massage into face, neck and hands, apply morning and evening (with gentle circular movements)
For the eye area:
Massage 1 to 2 drops of oil around the eye area, apply with gentle circular movements.
For the body, stretch marks, dry skin, sensitive skin:
Massage a few drops of oil on the affected areas (scars, stretch marks...), apply several times until improvement
Apply 10 drops on the lengths and ends, let it penetrate for 10 to 15 minutes (30 minutes to an hour for dry hair) then wash your hair.
To obtain strong and smooth nails, massage a drop on each nail by executing circular movements
Stable vegetable oil. Store in a dry place, away from heat and light.
This oil is precious, rare and incredibly effective. This oil is a real complete care for the skin, 100% pure with a formidable effectiveness, it attenuates the wrinkles, smoothes the contours, hydrates intensely the face and regenerates the skin.
This gold of Tunisia comes from the harvests of north-western Tunisia, an area known worldwide for the exceptional quality and the width of its plantations. Certified BIO Ecocert, it is obviously the secret of youth of the inhabitants of the Mediterranean...
The prickly pear, a fruit rich in pulp and seeds.
A prickly pear can contain 50% juice and about 4% seeds (about 300 seeds for a 150g fruit). A very low yield of oil since the small seeds contain only 3 to 6% of oil, it takes about a ton of fresh prickly pears to produce a litre of prickly pear seed oil.
The origins of the prickly pear:
This plant of the Cactaceae family, called "Cactaceae", originated in Central America, reached Tunisia at the end of the sixteenth century through the Andalusian population, it produces an edible fruit called prickly pear.
The plant is mainly characterised by its ability to withstand high temperatures and long periods of drought, which makes it ideal for production in arid and semi-arid areas.
Also, the prickly pear is characterised by thick, elliptical, thorny racket-like stems and a fruit rich in vitamin C, which is called prickly pear.
The cactus has gained increasing attention due to new health and cosmetic products that can be extracted from this plant.
Prickly pears are mostly red in color and oval in shape. However, there are several varieties of prickly pear, with different colors (yellow, or whitish green).
Precautions for use:
• Do not apply this product before exposure to the sun
• Do not use this oil on people who are allergic to prickly pear
• Do not swallow
All indications and properties available on our website are taken from bibliography, websites and scientific reference books and/or objectivation tests. This information is given for information purposes only, it does not constitute medical information, nor does it engage our responsibility.
|Production date||January 2022|
|Country of origin||Tunisie|
|Procédé d’obtention||First cold pressing|
|Botanical name||Opuntia ficus indica|
|Culture||Organic, certified! Ecocert etc.|
|Saponification index||180 – 195|
No customer reviews for the moment.